FILE NO. 24
THE SANCTUARY AND THE TWELVE STEPS TO HEALTH
IT IS WRITTEN:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose."
1. TWELVE STEPS TO HEALTH
a. PURPOSE OF THE TWELVE STEPS TO HEALTH:
The Steps are a 'Way of Life' for those who want to adopt them in their
personal life. Life is given to grow physically, mentally and spiritually.
This growth begins when I admit that I am powerless to manage my own life,
when I make my own inventory and recognize my weaknesses; weaknesses in the
way I have attributed the fault to others and in doing so, prolonged
The Twelve Steps are steps to a higher plane. I learn in practicing them
that I am not perfect and I risk to remain so unless I accept the fact that
I must do something about it. In following these steps, I receive courage
and serenity, and become helper, not helped, giver and not taker. Little by
little, I leave weakness behind, and learn that growth, though painful, is
worth the suffering.
All the work of the Twelve Steps is based on two important truths: By the
grace of God, I come to apply them in my life and by surrendering my will
and my life to Him, I start to grow towards perfection and receive the power
from the Holy Spirit to carry this message to others.
b. LIST OF THE TWELVE STEPS TO HEALTH (Click each Step for Explanation)
- STEP 1: I admit that I am powerless to manage my own personal life.
- STEP 2: Come to believe that a Power greater than myself could restore me to
- STEP 3: Make a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of God as I
- STEP 4: Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself.
- STEP 5: Admit to God, to myself and to another human being, the exact nature of my
- STEP 6: Am entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- STEP 7: Humbly ask Him to remove my shortcomings.
- STEP 8: Make a list of all the persons I have harmed, and become willing to make
amends to them all.
- STEP 9: Make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do
so would injure them or others.
- STEP 10: Continue to take personal inventory and when I am wrong promptly admit
- STEP 11: Seek through prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with
God as I understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for me and
the power to carry that out.
- STEP 12: Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, I carry
this message to others and practice these principles in all my affairs.
FILE NO. 24, PAGE 1